Saturday, January 31, 2015

Are we having fun yet? ...Yes. Yes we are!


The adventure begins... Cairo Airport
 Today's post is filled with some randomly fun pics we took during my week in Egypt... 

Many years ago a friend told me that I should always take a picture of my foot when I traveled. That was the evidence that I'd been there... yes, before the "selfie" there was a "footie." So, you'll see a few of those here... along with some other crazy fun photos. Enjoy!

While touring Jonathan & Aubri's School (Cairo American College), we found this great statues in the Art Gallery:
 Speaking of statues, there were a few missing from this temple in the Giza Pyramid complex. There should be one in each of the indentations seen here (six along each side and one in the center of the front wall for a total of 13). Aubri modeled the stance so we could imagine what the temple might have looked like originally. 
 The Giza pyramids aren't near as big as you might think. Jonathan had no trouble leaping right over them. (I think he was spiking the sun volleyball). 








...and it made a great leaning post when I decided to rest for a few minutes during our adventures. 

Aubri gets photobombed by Jen while balancing between the pyramids... Aubri wasn't really tall enough to reach the tops of the pyramids, so she is standing on a wall... when Jen joined her, she didn't use the pyramids to help her balance and below is the result: 






Of course, Jen & Jonathan were tall enough to reach the top without standing on the wall.. 











Life imitates art?
Jonathan shows us what the sphinx
looked like before it lost it's nose

Kissed a sphinx and I liked it.
I rode a camel....


...and here's the picture to prove it.


Aubri's fist pump with Ramses II

          We visited the Serapeum and found this
          great sarcophagus... Here Aubri & I
           are holding up the lid so Jen can stand 
            underneath.... brute strength, I say! 








OK, this picture below isn't of any of us, but I decided 
to include it anyway. The Citadel has a great 
"photo-op" where you can dress in costumes and have 
pictures taken (ala King's Island)... I thought it was 
pretty funny. :)


The feet of kings and queens... 

 We are kings and queens! (Left foot forward)



1 comment:

  1. Such fun! Did you go with an organization? Or just a group of friends?

    ReplyDelete