Sunday, January 13, 2013

Be still.

Sometimes I am overwhelmed by the great damage that believers do to one another in the name of our latest cause, opinion, etc. We spew hate at one another through our facebook status, we stand on our soap boxes and declare truth as we see it. Somewhere in the midst of it all we lose sight of Jesus. He gets buried in our agendas.

These days I have a deep longing to just hear Jesus... and no one else. I long to block out all the other voices that whisper and shout around me. Somewhere in the midst of all the noise is Jesus and I sometimes have trouble finding Him under all our "Holy" rubble...

But, at the end of the day, I know He is there waiting for me to still my heart and listen for Him to speak, calling tenderly: "Here I am follow me."

"Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." ~Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment