Saturday, April 7, 2012

Is there anything else.....?

"Is there anything I can get for you that I haven't offered you yet?"
This question has become a part of my daily routine when serving breakfast to guests at The Potter's Inn. It is a joy to "go the extra mile" to make someone's day by providing the unexpected "more."

Today when I asked the question, my guests were delighted... not that they had anything particular in mind, but that I was willing to do whatever I was able to make their stay a pleasant one. Just knowing that I wanted to do something good for them made a difference.

As I was cleaning up afterwards, I reflected on the experience and thought about the fact that God asks us that question all the time. "What more can I do for you, my child? Is there something extra, something special that I can do just for you today?"

God knows our hearts and our minds. He knows the things that we long to have, the places we long to go, the dreams we dare to dream... and He wants to help bring the good things to us. Everyday, He provides for us in ways that we don't see; He provides our "daily bread."

And yet, He longs to do so much more! He wants to give us the desires of our hearts (Psalm 37:4). So, think about what it is that you want? The thing that goes beyond daily need and gets to the heart of what will bring you delight. God, the Father, is waiting to give you that little something extra that is special just for you. Ask!

Oh, and while you're waiting for Him to give you the desires of your heart... take time to thank Him for caring enough to ask "What more can I do for you my child?"


No comments:

Post a Comment